Frequently asked questions
State of emergency
Due to the corona virus, the Netherlands have declared a state of emergency. This means that certain rules and measures are currently in effect to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. Veiligheidsregio Zeeland is responsible for taking local measures and ensuring that all measures are followed. Go the website www.zeelandveilig.nl for more information.
The national government of the Netherlands has also taken further measures. On www.rijksoverheid.nl/coronavirus you will find more information about measures that apply nationally.
- Which accommodations can be rented for a recreational night stay?
All types of accommodations can be rented.
- Can sanitary facilities (communal toilet, washing and shower facilities) remain open?
Communal toilet, washing and shower facilities at holiday parks, camping grounds and camping fields are open.
- Who can be rented to? What about group accommodations?
Rental is fully permitted now. People who do not belong to a common household always need to keep a distance of 1.5 meters (this includes inside the accommodation). In group accommodation, a maximum of 30 people may stay together, while keeping a distance of 1.5 meters from each other.
- Can wind and kite surfers still practice their sport in Zeeland?
This is possible if the national rules set by RIVM are complied with.
- Do I have to pay the cost of the cancelled trip myself?
Unfortunately we cannot make any statements about this. It is best to contact the travel organization or the provider of the recreational night stay.
- Do I have to accept a new date of stay offered by the landlord?
We cannot provide a clear answer to this. This depends on the conditions under which you have entered into an agreement with the landlord.
- How do I know whether the hotel owner/landlord sufficiently will ensure that guests comply with the measures?
We advise you to ask about that when you make the booking.
- Is day tourism also allowed again?
The general national measures remain in force: avoid busy places and always keep one and a half metre distance from each other.
- Can I use my beach house (beach-/day cabin) during the daytime?
The to use of beach cabins is allowed.
- Can I spend the night in Zeeland on my yacht?
Spending the night on your yacht is possible. People who do not belong to a common household always need to keep a distance of 1.5 meters
- Can the snack bar/restaurant at the campsite/holiday park now also open for take-away meals?
Yes, the owner of the campsite or holiday park may decide whether or not to open. For this, the national guidelines from the RIVM relating to the catering industry must be observed.
- Can the grocery store at the campsite/holiday park now also be opened?
Yes, the owner of the campsite or holiday park may decide whether or not to open. The same guidelines apply as for other supermarkets in the country.
- Can a hotel's restaurant and bar be open to overnight guests?
Hotel owners are allowed to open their restaurant for overnight guests. They must of course adhere to the rules of RIVM.
- My question is not in this list
If the answer to your question is not in this list, please send an email to email@example.com.
- If as a tourist you have any questions about the Zeeland measures
Please contact one of the VVV-inspiratiepunten (tourist office)